Tuesday 29 November 2011

Get by with a little help...

If there is one piece of advice that every bride needs to hear at some stage of the wedding planning, it is "ask for help".

These days, wedding planning is something that a lot of brides take on themselves (often singlehandedly!).
So much planning can be done on the internet or via email. And wedding blogs are filled with so many fantastic ideas and DIY projects that it becomes really easy to think you can do it all on your own.

Take it from me. I might just be an extreme example. I am a Type A, slight control freak, craft-fiend who has since become an event stylist.When I was planning my wedding, I sincerely thought I could do it all!

I was further convinced of this after reading of DIY brides that visit flower markets and do their own bouquets and centrepieces on the morning of the wedding; of brides that bake every cake on their dessert bar; or that hand sew their own dress as well as those of their bridesmaids.
I thought 'if they can do it, i can too"!!
Well.. I take my hat off to these ladies, because even with my level of obsession planning, I was never going to be able to do this! For a start: I was getting my hair and makeup done on the morning of my wedding!

Flickr
No matter how much you long to play a part in every detail of your wedding, at some point there comes a time when you need to hand over some task, some responsibility, no matter how small....
That's one of the reasons why we offer 'day of' coordination / service.
We get it, a lot of brides don't want to hand over their plans to stylists. A lot of brides have their own ideas and want to feel like they've created their own wedding. We love this, we support it, we promote it.

Sometimes though, you just need someone to go to the venue for you, set something up, check that your flowers and centrepieces look right. You want someone that gets your style, but doesn't know you / isn't a guest.. coz you don't want to bother your aunt or not-so-close friend with these tasks.

We call it 'executing the plan'. It's your plan, it's your day... so feel free to tell us what you need, show us pics of exactly what you want and trust us to get it right. Seriously, just ask for help.

Jessica xo

No comments:

Post a Comment